Rakuten TV is seeking a Data Engineering Intern to join our Business Intelligence team.
Within the Business Intelligence Team, we are going through an exciting transformational phase, to ensure that our BI architecture can support Rakuten TV's growth trajectory. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting edge technologies, utilizing Big Data architectures coupled with the latest Data Visualization tools to provide a leading BI function.
Being accurate and having a good attention to detail is very important. The information and insights that are produced by the BI Team are seen by people at the highest level of the business and are used to shape and direct the business decisions that they make.
What we expect from you is to be eager to learn how to use new systems and tools and be a quick learner that feels comfortable in an unknown tech environment.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a BS/Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or Data Engineering.
- Assist in building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Assist in creating new elements of the Data Warehouse ETL by drawing and curating data from operational systems and 3rd party applications.
- Support in structuring the data so it can be easily manipulated for the purpose of extracting valuable insight.
- Processing of log files.
- Help deliver a range of analysis activities - data extraction, analysis and recommendations, using data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Excel to present trends and analysis to the business.
- Acting as a conduit between the technical development teams and the customer facing areas of the business.
- Searching for and acquiring new types of external data from 3rd party providers, that enhance our insight capabilities.
To be successful you will need to have a highly analytical mindset and very strong numerical and statistical skills. We’re looking for someone with a proactive approach - The OTT Market is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and so you will need to think creatively and work dynamically to succeed.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python – any other languages would be a plus (Scala, BASH, Go)
- Ability to present data in a simple and engaging way, using a variety of tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and stakeholder management.
- You will have the ability to work autonomously and also as part of the BI and Development teams.
- An aptitude for developing structured, rational and compelling cases for areas of analysis and product development.
- Willing to challenge the status-quo and the confidence to articulate your thoughts to colleagues at every level of the business.