Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies.
Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
The Group Investments, Asset & Wealth Management Risk meets the need to guarantee continuous monitoring of the most significant risks to the Company's business and has no operational duties and is solely devoted to guarantee effective risk control.
The Group Internal Credit Rating Unit is responsible for the analysis and assignment of issuers/securities internal ratings.
The Credit Rating Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of borrowers' creditworthiness (corporates and financial institutions) and, specifically, of their ability to repay a financial obligation based on the analysis of the borrower's credit profile on Financial Institutions. The assessment will also translate in the assignment of internal ratings. S/He will also support the Head of the Unit in developing, executing the maintenance and enhancement of the rating framework and Generali risk management capabilities to ensure internal and regulatory compliance.
The resource will perform analysis to identify opportunities to effectively measure risk and implement decision rules and policy consistent with the firm strategy.
- Day-to-day management of internal rating assignment for corporate/financial institution borrowers
- Liaise with and support stakeholders (CIO/CFO/BUs) to timely facilitate clarification of questions regarding the rating methodologies and implications on decision-making process
- Being well-informed at all times of industry and regulatory trends in risk management and overall risk management process
- Production and maintenance of robust documentation in order to satisfy the Generali internal and external approval bodies.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Master’s Degree desired, BA/BS in Economics, Finance or related field required
- Existing strong knowledge in the credit/risk analysis of financial institutions with very strong accounting knowledge; previous working experience on credit analysis will be considered a strong plus.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); knowledge of a second foreign language (French and/or German) will be considered a strong plus.
- Have a collaborative mind-set with strong interpersonal skills. Advanced presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong knowledge of financial products, business processes, and industry best practices and regulatory requirements for model risk management.
- Advanced ability to comfortably communicate.
- Proficiency in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements is a "must-have" skill.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international team.