Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry – a strategic and highly important sector for the growth, development and welfare of modern societies. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 60 countries, with 470 companies and nearly 80,000 employees. Our Group aims to become the standard bearer and industry leader in the European retail insurance market, building on our existing base of 50 million retail clients, out of an overall total of 72 million.
Generali Investments Holding S.p.A. guarantees a solid framework of services designed to support various asset management activities. Key elements include the provisioning of IT services over all applications underpinning the investment and asset management value chain (Front Office, Trading Desk, Investment Compliance, Middle and Back Office, Analytics and Reporting, etc.) The company also acts as a holding company, retaining share capital in the boutiques and Generali Investments’ companies.
The Investment Asset & Data (IAD) function is in charge of an extensive data warehouse on all Group investments and provides the GCIO and the Top Management of the Group with investment data and analytical support on Group investments.
The Investments Business Analysis Unit manages a uniform set of reference data, financial instruments, portfolios, positions and transactions, granting accuracy and consistency in consolidating them from multiple sources into a standard format. In particular, Business Analysis team is responsible of the following activities:
* Provide business analysis to GIA&WM Business Unit for the production of Solvency 2 Internal Model, Standard Formula exercises, throughout the maintenance and enrichment of Regulus Operational Data Warehouse
* Provide daily position, reference data and classification to Cognos for business reporting needs and to Web applications for internal analysis
The ideal candidate will work on the following activities:
* Managing multiple projects (planning, implementation rules, testing, etc.) and regular cooperation with colleagues from Generali Group
* Understanding the needs of data Producers and Consumers, generating business and technical requirements analysis.
* Understanding of the financial logics about main financial instruments and derivatives
* Functional interface with Investment IT team throughout the entire software development life-cycle
* Monitoring investment data in the data-warehouse
* In-depth data analysis to identify data quality issues, and support business and technical teams
* Support Investment Asset Data Governance process definition
* Support Group CFO and Group QRT activities
* Support Investment reporting implementation
* Interface with other Group and Local Unit Investment Departments and as well other HQ areas (mainly GCFO and GCRO area)
Effective candidate activities and responsibilities will depend on skills and seniority and will follow a progressive competence development path.
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
* University Degree in Economics, Science, Engineering or similar
* Basic knowledge of financial instruments and derivatives reference data and markets are required. Experience of 1-3 years in financial data analysis and algorithms implementation would represent a preferential factor.
* Fluent in English and Italian are requirements, a second foreign language is a plus
* Basic programming skills, DB query language or SAS knowledge would represent a plus
* Good knowledge of MS Office.
* Ability to work autonomously and proactively on assigned tasks, taking over responsibility at a very early stage
* Humble, flexible and hands-on approach to solve problems with a strong team player attitude
* Ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
* Genuine passion for innovation and disruptive technologies
* Good public speaking and presentation skills
Generali is proud to be an inclusive employer that considers applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, political views, marital status or philosophy of life.If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation or assistance we will support you during the selection process