Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) and vary in length to fit in with your university’s program. Some are 2-3 months, others can be 6 months or even up to 12 months. Typically internships commence at the same time as University holidays over the summer months and in some locations internships start dates can vary throughout the year. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
* Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
* Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
* Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
* Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
* Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application
* Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
* Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Previous technical internship(s) if applicable
· Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly