Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. We are seeking savvy, motivated Finance Interns to join our available roles in the following teams: Finance, Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance & Controlling, Operations Finance, Transportation Finance, or Infrastructure Finance.
About this Internship
Our Finance teams are currently looking for highly analytical, technical, creative and forward-thinking interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to finance and data analysis within the operational business.
Together with the team you join, you’ll help analyse the overall performance and throughput of one segment of our world-class supply chain. You will then help recommend potential changes and improvements that can be made: this is all part of our culture of continuous improvement.
You will have the chance to put your analytical and technical skills to the test; you’ll assist with gathering massive amounts of data and finding out the exact trend that can be acted upon to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency. You will be involved in reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business unit in their decision-making process. You will gain invaluable first-hand experience in improving accuracy alongside automating tools and processes.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Business Administration, Business Intelligence, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or similar discipline
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, complex formulas)
· Knowledge of VBA and MySQL/SQL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
· Ability to innovate, and simplify processes and practices
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
· Oracle knowledge is a plus
· Data visualisation skills, such as proficiency in Tableau, QlikView, PowerPivot, or MicroStrategy is beneficial
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.