We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team for a 3-12 month Software Development Engineer internship. Our internship is flexible in length and start date to fit in with your university’s requirement.
In 2013 Amazon expanded to Dresden with it being the home-base of the Amazon Development Center team. The Kernel and Operating System team creates the heart of EC2, the actual virtual compute instance definitions and Amazon Linux, the operating system for our cloud. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
The Kernel and Operating System team is looking for Linux OS Developer to develop salient features in the lowest layer of the AWS software stack touching the Linux kernel and our hypervisors.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do.
As an intern you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
You will be part of a team of Amazon software engineers and you will help them create complex tools in several different programming languages that will help improve the quality of Amazon's catalogue. You'll create professional quality software by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to cutting edge technologies.
QUALIFICHE DI BASE
· Currently working towards a BSc/MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
· Currently in Penultimate Year or Graduating soon
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Basic Operating Systems, Low Level or Virtualization knowledge
· Development experience in C and/or C++
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
· Development Experience in Python
· On track to achieve at least a 60% degree score
· Able to handle ambiguous or vaguely defined challenges through abstract thinking