Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
Google’s evolution to Alphabet is exciting and enables our company to address more opportunities across multiple industries. For finance, that means our charter is bigger and more complex, which brings challenges as well as exciting opportunities as we strive to build the appropriate infrastructure, financial controls, and risk management.
As a compliance and process owner for Indirect/Digital Services Tax, you will play a vital role in supporting and delivering these objectives. You will be responsible for optimizing the end to end process where data should be readily available from our systems to allow compliance with tax reporting requirements. You will ensure the timely and accurate provision of information to our service providers in order to prepare our indirect tax filings in the most efficient way. You will have the opportunity to lead and manage impactful global and cross-functional projects as well as guiding the business to mitigate risk, and help build the financial infrastructure to scale the business.
Be responsible for the indirect/digital services tax process within accounting, including management of processes performed by external vendors ensuring that all service levels are met, the internal control environment is robust and a quality service is provided.
- Partner with Internal Tax team on new regulations.
- Develop a in-depth knowledge of tools, systems, and upstream processes in support of the tax reporting function and highlight opportunities for improvement, managing projects that will yield risk mitigation and efficiency through optimization and automation.
- Deliver implementation of optimization opportunities for tax reporting processes within International Controllership.
- Represent International Controllership through effective communication with our key business partners including Entity Accountants and Country Controllers, Technical Accounting, Tax, Treasury, S2P, RCO, Legal, and Financial Planning.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional qualification CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Experience in Tax Compliance, within a progressive multinational or tech environment.
- Experience in Shared Service Center or experience within a company dealing with varied European Subsidiaries.
- Process excellence and project management experience.
- Knowledge of SAP/S4 Hana, spreadsheet software, macros, SQL programming.
- Ability to foster and thrive in an environment of continuous process improvement.