HR Manager Marketplace Stores - Central & North - Berlin
Do you share our passion for sports and innovation and want to help Nike to continue to push the limits of greatness? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail HR Manager to support Nike’s growing store population in providing the best and most effective HR services and programmes aligned to our Retail objectives.
In this role you will be responsible for providing HR partnership, direction and strategy for our Retail functions across our Central & North countries (AGS, Benelux and the Nordics). You will collaborate on the overall strategic direction for HR, contribute to business decisions and embrace the opportunity to work closely with the country leadership and store management teams to provide internal consulting using your high level of HR, ER and retail expertise.
- HR Strategy & Consumer Experience – Work with the team and HR centers of excellence to continuously evolve and elevate HR Retail fundamentals and support. Monitor the pulse of the org to create locally relevant solutions. Manage the delivery of core HR processes and programs, including L&D initiatives, compensation strategy, annual review process, annual engagement survey, onboarding, talent planning, project management, policies and procedure, data accuracy, document management, etc.
- Leadership Development – Provide coaching to management and leaders to enable high performing teams. Create, develop and champion new initiatives to ensure the acceleration of the next generation of leaders
- Stakeholder Management – Nurture and build strong leadership relationships ensuring the HR agenda is aligned with Retail priorities and the HR strategy for EMEA. Partner with the relevant stakeholders to execute retail HR strategy within the stores in your region.
- Employee Relations & Labour Relations – Work with the ER Centre of Excellence to resolve complex ER issues; educate and coach managers regarding relevant employment laws and Nike policies; coach managers and employees on effective problem solving and steps to maintain a positive working environment. Be on hand to lead consultations and advice on any store opening or closures. Maintain strong relationships with works councils
- Teamwork – Collaborate with internal teams across Europe and wider external partners to ensure the delivery of tailored best in class HR programs of the highest standards.
People management – Lead the Nike Direct HR team (HR Manager and HR Specialist) to execute the Nike Direct HR strategy across the region
- Relevant HR experience at a management level gained in either high street retail or the service industry, and operating across multiple countries
- Understanding of the retail landscape and retail business drivers
- Employee Relations experience and knowledge is a must. Local labour law knowledge (Germany) and experience in dealing with employee relations issues and works councils is critical to this role.
- In-depth Learning and Development experience; succession planning, performance and compensation management and organisational design and development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage and energize large groups on complex information and projects
- A dedicated strong performer, able to demonstrate exceptional people skills, gained from working within a team environment and managing multiple stakeholders. A solution based problem solver.
- Strong coaching skills with an ability to influence senior leaders and work across a matrix organization