Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s uncompromising focus on human potential extends to its workforce. Nike Human Resources teams help attract, retain, and reward the world’s most innovative people by creating programs to help them thrive. They accelerate company growth as stewards of culture, organizational effectiveness, talent and change. The global Human Resources community includes experts in talent planning, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and more. Together, they develop a motivated, diverse and engaged global team.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Employee Relations Specialist covering United Kingdom, Ireland and the Netherlands based in the UK. With the mentorship of the relevant Employee Relations Manager and in collaboration with other Employee Relations Specialists, you will be one of the main points of contact and source of expertise for all ER guidance and support for the HR Team and business managers within Nike Inc.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON?
You’ll be responsible for ensuring fair and consistent delivery of Nike policies and procedures, promoting and maintaining employee well-being, whilst minimizing risk and maintaining compliance. You'll approach your work proactively and in a consultative manner educating employees and managers at each touch point, enabling them to make decisions that provide a fair and consistent employment experience throughout the organization, thereby stewarding the employment and cultural brand of Nike, Inc.
Main responsibilities are:
- Be the point of contact for other HR professionals, business managers and employees regarding routine, non-complex policy and process interpretation questions.
- Accountable for all non-complex Employee Relations casework, driving the resolution issues from initiation through to closure.
- Support all ER activity including disciplinaries, grievances, performance management, absence, appeals, Occupational Health, and any other associated ER activity.
- Conduct internal non-complex fact-finding reviews regarding employee complaints and diverse policies violations and escalate high risk/senior level workplace investigations to the relevant Employee Relations Manager.
- Co-facilitate management and non-management training programs, in relation to Nike Code of Ethics policies and performance management.
- Work in partnership with the Employee Relations Manager, HR Team and business functions, to identify ER trends and recommend proactive interventions to minimize risk.
- Develop procedures, processes, and guidance notes in relation to areas of ER and work collaboratively with colleagues across HR to support the introduction of new or revised ER policies.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the relevant ER Manager and you will closely partner with peer ER Specialists, whilst collaborating with HR team mates and supporting the business leaders.
WHAT YOU BRING
Bachelor's degree in HR/ Law/Psychology or related field an a minimum of 2 years related work experience or two additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience in Employee or Labor Relations or Legal Counseling preferred; otherwise HR generalist experience is required.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in high stress situations.
Ability to work with managers and employees remotely, by leveraging different communication and collaborations channels.
Experience in training delivery and in participating in HR/Employee Relations projects.
Full proficiency in English. Any other European language would be appreciated.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business or related field.
• A minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience, previous Communications/PR experience preferred.
• Experience with a fashion or sneaker brand and clear point of view on the industry, key players and a perspective on where it’s headed.
• Strong writing and organization skills.
• Explicit, long-term interest in pursuing a career in Communications.
• Base level understanding of media landscape and media relations.
• Good knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint, Excel and Google Drive.