Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Here at Airbnb, we’re big fans of travel. We love thinking about the diversity of experiences our host community offers, and we spend a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the tens of thousands of cities where people are booking trips every night. The tricky thing is, most of us haven’t been to Cuba, so we try to come up with creative ways to help people find the experience they’re looking for in places they may have never been. The data science team works in tandem with business leaders, product management, engineering, and design teams to solve for things like this.
*We are looking for an Intern to start as soon as possible for 6 months. Internships are open to those who are currently in full time education & will return to education following the 6 months internship within Airbnb*
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Deep dive analysis into Airbnb’s vast data to uncover opportunities.
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to help “tell the story” behind the data.
- Business Strategy:
- Partnering with business leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth.
- Evaluate and define business metrics.
- Business Execution:
- Communicate state of the business to stakeholders.
- Digest and interpret deep dive analysis.
- Decision Tools:
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.