Walk With Path (WWP) is an award winning startup from London with offices in Copenhagen and R&D in Paris. This year we are excited to develop our next product Path Feel, and active connected insole. We are looking for an intern to join the team in Paris to help us develop and prototype this new product.More information about the company and our products can be found on our website: walkwithpath.com
Key responsibilities and required skills (the list is exhaustive and we don’t expect candidates to tick all the boxes)
- Design and engineering for manufacturing (DFM) of medical device(working with lead engineer).
- Finite element analysis (FEA) of the insole casing (battery and PCB protection)
- 3D CAD design (SolidWorks, Autodesk Fusion 360)
- Design for injection molding knowledge
- Maker skills: soldering, 3D printing, laser cutting, moulding, visual models etc ...
- Embedded system development (C and Arduino environment)
- Bluetooth Low Energy custom profile
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Some amount of programming (Java/Swift/Xamarin/C/Web) may also be required.
- User research and testing of products or concepts.
- Motivation and highly independent (the team is really small)
- Interest in the field of medical devices and product development
The right candidate is someone that loves to:
- Learn new things, sometime on his own
- Opportunity to join a growing start-up based
- Opportunity to engage in a accelerators programme, competitions, and experience daily life in a health tech startup. Possibility to travel to travel to meet european suppliers, and the rest of the team.
- Longer term engagement possible for the right candidate, showing aptitude and motivation.
Please note that you would need to bring your own personal laptop, which should be capable of running required programmes such as SolidWorks, Fusion 360, Eagle.